Top tips for safe Halloween trick or treating
Michael speaks to David Gribble, CEO of Constable Care Child Safety Foundation & Child Safety Expert, for timely advice on how to keep your children safe while ‘trick or treating’ for tonight’s Halloween festivities.
While it’s fun to get dressed up for Halloween and spook yourself silly, it’s also important to consider safety by considering these safety tips…
1. Supervision or buddy system – small children should be supervised by parents or older children.
2. Attach a tag or sticker with emergency contact info to the inside of your child’s costume.
3. Make sure their mobile phone is fully charged.
4. Remind children to use crossings, stay on footpaths, put electronic devices down and keep heads up.
6. Never go inside or go near a car that might stop to offer treats. Wear reflective or high vis clothing and only visit well-lit houses that are participating in Halloween.
7. Allergies – alert other parents and remind your kids of what they’re not allowed to eat.
9. Make sure all lollies are sealed and unopened.
10. Go over these rules.
Download this podcast here