Cooking with Sarah
Michael McLaren is joined by Sarah Boorer, Nine Radio Journalist & Country Women’s Association award-winning cook, to look at the world of baked goods, delicious treats and & easy recipes.
This week Sarah looks at Halloween biscuits
Mummy biscuits – try something different and make it with a vanilla malt biscuit. I have a short recipe for this
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110 g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (115 g) Saunders’ Malt Extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 & 1/2 cups (375 g) self raising flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 2-3 oven trays with baking powder.
- Beat the butter, sugar and Saunders’ Malt Extract with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the egg until combined. Stir in the flour to form a soft dough. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays about 4 cm apart. Press out lightly with a floured fork.
- Bake, in batches if necessary, for 13-16 minutes or until lightly coloured. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Image from: Olive Magazine.
Download this podcast here