The Whitlams’ Tim Freedman back in familiar territory for 1001st gig
The Whitlams frontman and keyboard player Tim Freedman is hitting the road again with his ‘Man About A Dog’ tour.
Joining Jim Wilson in the studio, Tim shared his familial familiarity with 2GB building.
His father Barry Freedman co-hosted the station’s Top 60 in the late 1960s, and later became a newsreader in the 80s.
“He used to finish his shift at 10 o’clock and I’d wait for him outside.”
The Whitlams are now in their 29th year as a band.
“Seems like about 80 to me, Jim – 1000 gigs.
“Just in the last seven months I’ve been round the country three times, but gee I just love what I do.”
Press PLAY below to hear the full interview
Tim treated Drive listeners to a studio performance of two of The Whitlams’ best-loved singles, Thank You (For Loving Me At My Worst) and the poignant Blow Up the Pokies.
Watch the performance below
Tickets to the following NSW dates are selling fast!
- Thu, 13 May – The Great Club, Marrickville NSW // NEW SHOW
- Fri, 14 May – The Great Club, Marrickville NSW SOLD OUT
- Sat, 22 May – Baroque Room, Katoomba NSW // Early & Late shows // SOLD OUT
- Thu, 10 June – Centro CBD, Wollongong NSW
- Fri, 11 June – Milton Theatre, Milton NSW // SOLD OUT
- Sat 12 June – Sounds Delicious, Huskisson NSW // NEW EARLY SHOW
- Sat 12 June – Sounds Delicious, Huskisson NSW // LATE SHOW SOLD OUT
- Sun 13 June – Milton Theatre, Milton NSW matinee // NEW SHOW
- Sun, 26 September – ENMORE THEATRE, Newtown, Australia (with Ben Lee, Emily Wurramara)