Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 2GB account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 2GB content and other benefits.


Joining is free and easy.

You will soon need to register to keep streaming 2GB online. Register an account or skip for now to do it later.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

News Corp and Telstra sign on Foxtel-Fox Sports merger

Article image for News Corp and Telstra sign on Foxtel-Fox Sports merger

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation and Telstra have signed agreements which will see Foxtel and Fox Sports merge to become a single company by the end of June.

This comes three months after the competition regulator dropped its initial opposition to the deal.

The Murdoch-controlled publisher currently owns 100% of Fox Sports, while Foxtel is a 50/50 joint-venture between News Corp and Telstra.

Under the new deal, News Corp will own a 65% stake and Telstra the other 35%.

Ross Greenwood speaks with Foxtel CEO Patrick Delaney.

“Our subscribers will get a better service.

“It’s about bringing the best content to the consumer.”

Listen to the full interview below 

Brooke Corte
Advertisement