Terms & Conditions
Macquarie Media Operations (2GB) runs competitions across the station’s programs, including competitions that involve an element of chance in order to determine the winner (Games of Chance) and competitions that are games of skill, where the winner is determined by assessing entries against judging criteria.
In the case of Games of Chance, competitions for which the prize value does not exceed $1000 are conducted under permit number LTPM/18/03197. When 2GB conducts Games of Chance for prizes exceeding $1000 in value, a separate permit is obtained in NSW for the specific competition.
General Terms & Conditions for 2GB Competitions
Effective: July 2018
By entering into a competition to win a Prize, you (You, Entrant) acknowledge and accept these general terms and conditions of entry (Terms) and any specific terms of a particular competition (Additional Terms), as may be amended by 2GB from time to time and displayed on its webpage at http://www.2gb.com.
Eligibility to win a Prize
In order to be eligible to win a Prize, You must:
● be a resident of New South Wales, unless otherwise specified or determined in 2GB’s absolute discretion.
● Submit your entry so that it is received by the competition closing time (AEST/AEDT) and date.
The time of entry will in each case be the time specified on the 2GB website.
You are not eligible to enter a competition if You are a current employee or immediate family member of:
● the Macquarie Media Limited group of companies; and
● any other organisation associated with the specific competition
If You are under 18 years of age and You win a Prize, it may be awarded to Your parent or guardian, unless a competition contains an age eligibility requirement or is otherwise non-transferrable.
You can only enter each competition once unless otherwise specified.
How to Enter
Entry to competitions may be by phone, by internet via 2GB’s competition webpage at http://www.2gb.com/competitions, or by other means as determined by 2GB from time to time.
For competitions requiring phone entry: The 2GB number is 1300 722 873.
Under these Terms, Prizes are defined as follows:
Category A Prize is a Prize that is over $1000 in value.
Category B Prize is a Prize that is valued at up to $500.
Prize Notification, Restrictions and Fulfilment
The names of winners may be announced on air, listed on 2GB’s website at http://www.2gb.com/competitions or by contacting winners directly.
It can take up to six weeks for winners to receive their Prize.
Unless otherwise determined by 2GB in its absolute discretion:
● only one Category B Prize can be won by an Entrant within an eight week period – an Entrant can still win a Category A Prize during that time; and
● only one Category A Prize can be won in a competition conducted by 2GB or any station of the Macquarie Media Group by an Entrant within a twelve month period.
Winners cannot exchange Prizes for cash or for any other prize.
Once the prize has been dispatched by 2GB or the third party responsible for administering the Prize, 2GB does not accept responsibility regarding breakages or loss of parcel. In case of lost mail the winner will need to liaise directly with their local post office and replacements are not guaranteed.
In some cases, winners may be required to collect their Prize from the studios/reception of 2GB. If a winner is unable to do so, the winner will have the option of incurring the cost of a courier or postage, or will forfeit the Prize.
If a Prize is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, 2GB reserves the right to exchange the prize for something of equal or greater value.
In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the Prize in the time stipulated by 2GB then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
Prize/s must be claimed at the time of notification or as otherwise specified by the Station. Where a winner is deemed invalid or does not claim their Prize as/when specified, the Station may determine a new winner in its absolute discretion.
When a Prize is for entry to or participation in a show, concert or an event (Event), the Station will not be responsible for any changes in times or dates, cancellations or rescheduling of the Event that may prevent the winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it and no cash or alternative tickets will be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize. All tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the Prize supplier, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Prize supplier, including any conditions of entry into the relevant Event location (e.g. behaviour requirements and applicable dress codes), any conditions of ticket validity and any restrictions on ticket on-sale or transfer. The Station does not control entry to the relevant Event location. Once awarded, the Station is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Information Collection and Privacy
Entrants may be required to provide their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, email, address and phone number. Incomplete entries will not be included in the draw.
All entrants’ details are automatically entered on the 2GB promotions database. A record of all winners is also maintained.
By entering into a competition, you consent to your personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988) being used for direct marketing by 2GB and prize providers of competitions conducted by 2GB, as well as for the purpose of distribution of Prizes by 2GB and third parties. You can elect to opt out at any time by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ when you receive direct marketing material.
By entering a 2GB competition, You acknowledge and agree that:
1. Throughout the competition period, 2GB may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air, online, via social media or by other methods in relation to the competition.
2. Entrants may be required by 2GB to participate in photo, recording, video and film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
3. It is a condition of Entry that 2GB has the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any competition or matter
incidental to the competition. This means that by entering, You consent to your entry being broadcast on air and to Your telephone and other conversations with 2GB or its representatives being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. You will not be compensated for this use.
4. If You or your entry are deemed by the Station to breach these Terms or any Additional Terms, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. 2GB and its
representatives may conduct security and ID verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the Entrant’s eligibility to enter a competition and win the Prize. The Station may, at any
time, require You to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and
place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
5. 2GB has the right to temporarily or permanently disqualify any person from taking part in any competitions if, in its sole discretion, 2GB deems that person to have breached the Terms.
6. All decisions by 2GB are final and at the discretion of 2GB. No discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
7. Unclaimed Prize: 2GB reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to re-draw a Prize if it remains unclaimed in accordance with applicable legislation.
8. If entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges 2GB may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
a. Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by 2GB and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the competition and redeem a Prize; and
b. Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by 2GB or a prize provider in order to participate further in the competition and redeem a Prize.
9. You must not, in connection with any competition:
a. tamper with the entry process;
b. engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of a competition;
c. act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
d. do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Station or any of its
related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with a competition;
e. breach any law; or
f. behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
10. You release from, and indemnify 2GB and Macquarie Media Limited against, all loss,(including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage, expense and personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) arising from the participation in a competition or acceptance of a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
11. Where a specific competition is subject to Additional Terms, in the event of any inconsistency between the Additional Terms and these Terms, subject to clause 12 below, the Additional Terms will supersede these Terms in relation to the inconsistency only.
12. Notwithstanding any other condition of the Additional Terms, Radio 2GB reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time and for any reason whatsoever, subject to any regulatory
13. 2GB is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing You from successfully participating in a competition. If in the course of a telephone call related to participation or entry in the competition, the telephone line drops out or breaks up, the Station
may proceed to another caller. In such event, the Station will not be responsible for the awarding of any Prize to the caller whose line dropped out or disconnected for any reason.
14. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by 2GB. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by 2GB will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory
rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, 2GB makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law,
regarding the quality and suitability of the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
15. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Station, Macquarie Media Limited (and its related entities) and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in
negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any Prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
16. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the Prize supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of any competition-specific terms. 2GB takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.
17. 2GB accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the Prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.