Ray Hadley exclusively announces the 2020 Toyota Star Maker grand finalists
Ray Hadley has had the honour of announcing the top ten finalists for the 2020 Toyota Star Maker Grand Final.
The Star Maker award recognises emerging Australian country music artists and has launched the careers of the likes of Keith Urban and Lee Kernaghan.
Chosen from hundreds of upcoming Australian country music artists, ten talented young musicians have been selected to compete for next year’s title (full list below).
Ray made the announcement alongside 2019 Toyota Star Maker Blake O’Connor, noting there are an unprecedented number of women nominated this year.
Ray: “There’s a lot of young ladies there and well done to all of them!”
Blake: “There is, and I reckon that’s awesome. There’s been a couple of blokes that have won it the last couple of years.”
Ray: “Well the odds will be stacked in the ladies’ favour this year.”
Click PLAY below to hear Ray reveal the finalists
Full list of Toyota Star Maker 2020 finalists:
- Chloe Styler, 22, from Runaway Bay, Queensland
- Clancy Pye, 27, from Orange, NSW
- El Cosgrove, 25, from Dalby, Queensland
- Hannah May, 25, from Mount Cotton, Queensland
- Jarred Taylor, 27, from Tamworth, NSW
- Juliet Oliver, 21, from McLaren Vale, South Australia
- Leigha Moore, 27, from Sippy Downs, Queensland
- Sammy White, 22, from Mount Louisa, Queensland
- Taylor Pfeiffer, 20, from Nailsworth, South Australia
- Zoey Mills, 20, from Mirani, Queensland