Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 2GB account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 2GB content and other benefits.


Joining is free and easy.

You will soon need to register to keep streaming 2GB online. Register an account or skip for now to do it later.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

UFOs over Australia

Michael McLaren

Following the release of around 2,700 declassified CIA documents on unidentified flying objects, Michael is joined by Catriona Donnelly, Curator of The National Archives exhibition ‘Out of This World: Australia in the space age’, regarding the hundreds of reports of UFO sightings held, and on available for viewing, at the NAA.

Between January 23, 1960, and December 30, 1971, the RAAF received 595 UFO reports. Of these, the department assessed that “93 per cent were explainable by present scientific knowledge” which leaves 7 per cent lacking sufficient information for proper analysis or could be attributed only to “unknown causes”.

Ms Donnelly discusses the UFO records held at the exhibition, the rise of public interest in UFOs due to the Cold War & space race, and highlights a letter written by a 13 year old to Prime Minister Harold Holt, raising her concerns about UFOs and alien sightings.

Download this podcast here

Michael McLaren
Advertisement