Cooking with Sarah
Every week Michael is joined by Sarah Boorer, Nine Radio Journalist & Country Women’s Association award-winning cook, to look at the world of baked goods, delicious treats and & easy recipes.
This week Sarah looks at Citrus Passionfruit Slice…
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
115g unsalted butter, melted
Citrus Passionfruit Topping
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2-3 tablespoons lime juice
2 passion fruits, pulp
- Preheat oven 180C/ 160C fan forced. Grease and line an 8″ baking tin.
- Add sugar , flour and coconut to a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add melted butter and stir well until combined.
- Place mixture into pan and press down to form one even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn slightly golden.
- While your base is baking… In the same bowl add condensed milk, lemon juice and most of the passionfruit (save about one tablespoon to add later), stir to combine. Note.
- Once your base if cooked, pour mixture over the crust.
- Add remaining passionfruit and swirl through with the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to let it set for at least two hours or overnight.
- Cut, serve, enjoy!
Download this podcast here