More than 20 people treated following chemical incident at luxury hotel
Six people have been taken to hospital, following a chemical leak at a hotel in the city.
Paramedics were called to the Pullman Hyde Park Hotel just after 9am on Wednesday morning following reports of a chemical leak.
It’s believed a worker mixed hydrogen chloride and chlorine together while cleaning the pool and the fumes made their way into the ventilation system.
Chemical incident at Pullman Hotel Hyde Park – 30 people treated by paramedics, 6 taken to hospital for eye irritation and breathing issues after a worker inadvertently mixed Hydrochloride acid with chlorine at the hotel pool. Fumes then entered air con @2GB873 #pullman pic.twitter.com/erFetb1ZPF
— Tamara Wearne (@Tamarawearne) September 19, 2018
Ambulance officers have assessed 24 people who were suffering from breathing and eye problems.
It’s believed no one is seriously injured.
Motorists are being urged to avoid the area but police say there’s no ongoing threat.