Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Children exposed to chemical fumes at public pool in Picton

Macquarie National News

Image: 9 News Sydney

A group of young children have been exposed to chemical fumes at a public pool south-west of Sydney.

Seven ambulance crews rushed to the Wollondilly Community Leisure Centre on Argyle Street at Picton following reports people were having difficulty breathing.

Six children and two adults have been taken to hospital for treatment.

The wrong pre-mixed chemicals were added to the pool causing a toxic gas cloud to form inside the facility.

Initial investigations suggest they were exposed to chlorine fumes.

NSW Ambulance Inspector David Kynaston was on the scene and tells Ben Fordham “its a concern”.

“We received the first call… and we had ambulance crews on scene within 10 minutes.”

Click PLAY below to hear the update

Macquarie National News
Advertisement