LISTEN
Watch
on air now
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Dog saves his owner from house fire

Macquarie National News

A dog has taken his job as ‘man’s best friend’ to a whole new level overnight, saving his owner from their burning house.

The home in Sydney’s south-west went up in flames just before midnight, while the 58-year-old resident was fast asleep.

Neighbours say the man was woken up by his dog, Gucci the Pomeranian, with both managing to escape the burning property.

Image: Cheech the hero Pomeranian (Nine News)

By the time firefighters arrived, the house was already well and truly alight.

Despite their best efforts, the home was completely destroyed.

The man has been taken to hospital with minor smoke inhalation, while Cheech has no doubt been enjoying plenty of pats for his heroic deeds.

Macquarie National News
Advertisement