Charges laid after toddler swallows ice
A man and a woman will appear in court after a toddler allegedly ingested methylamphetamine in the Illawarra region earlier this year.
The 16-month-old boy was taken to Wollongong Hospital, where tests revealed he had swallowed the drug ‘ice’ in September. The child has since recovered.
A police investigation resulted in the arrest of two 30-year-olds, a man and a woman who are both known to the child, after a small quantity of ice was found at their Dapto property.
They will face Port Kembla Local Court today (11 December).
Image: Getty/Daniel Kaesler