Ben Fordham: Our COVID obsession will claim more lives than the virus ever will
Ben Fordham has called out the NSW Government over its obsession with COVID-19.
A patient at St Vincent’s Hospital has been told he may have lung cancer and needs another procedure to confirm it.
But there’s insufficient operating staff at St Vincent’s as many have been sent to coronavirus wards.
This is despite the government spending $1 billion upgrading intensive care capacity to about 2,000.
Despite Australia’s remarkable coronavirus death rate:
- The number of total deaths between January and May this year rose by 3,400
- There were 58,515 deaths in the first 5 months of this year
- 20,000 died from cancer- 1,100 more than normal
- Dementia deaths grew by 17 percent to 6,078
- Diabetes deaths grew by 158 to almost 2,000
Ben Fordham says we are beginning to see the signs of other health issues being put on the backburner.
He pointed to the fact there are 80,000 people waiting aimlessly in the elective surgery queue with the number of Australians dying from other diseases is up in the first five months of 2021.
Press PLAY below to hear the details in full