‘Appalling’: Maggots found in aged care resident’s head wound
An aged care home on the far south coast is reviewing its procedures, after maggots were found in a resident’s head wound.
Staff at the Eden Bupa facility will undergo additional training.
Medical Error Action Group founder Lorraine Long tells Ben Fordham “you couldn’t hear anything more appalling.”
“The government just cannot understand what is going on in nursing homes.
“Bupa is continually being sanctioned.
“These instances need to stop.”
In a statement, the facility said they are working to ensure the resident receives appropriate care.
Click PLAY to listen to the full interview