Million Dollar Hole in One Terms and Conditions
Million Dollar Hole in One] Promotion Terms and Conditions
In order to be entered into the draw to win the Prize, you (Entrant) must acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions, as well as the radio station’s general conditions of entry as amended from time to time.
|1. Promotion||Million Dollar Hole in One
|2. Promoter||Macquarie Media Operations, 33-35 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009 and (02) 8570 0000|
|3. Promotional Period||06:00 Monday 30 October 2017 (AEDST)|
|09:00am Thursday 23 November 2017 (AEDST)|
|4. Entry Restrictions||Entrants must be:
● at least 18 years of age;
● amateur golf players who are able to prove their identity by presenting valid photo identification. Professional, ex-professional, or college or university golf players are ineligible to enter the Promotion. The Promoter will determine compliance with this condition of entry in its absolute discretion; and
● residents of NSW, QLD or VIC.
Entrants must not be employees, or their immediate family members, of:
● Macquarie Media Limited and its related bodies corporate;
● Seven Network Operations Limited, its agents and its related bodies corporate;
● Golf Australia Limited.
|5. Maximum Entries per person||Maximum of one entry per Entrant.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant, if an Entrant registers more than once.
|6. Entry Procedure||To be entered into the Promotion, entrants must, during the Promotional Period, successfully complete the three criteria below (Eligible Entrant):
1. During the period from commencement of the Promotional Period until 5pm Wednesday 15 November 2017 (AEDST) (Registration Period) register their details on the WIN page of 2GB, 3AW or 4BC:
by clicking on the Million Dollar Hole in One link and filling in their contact details.
2. Nominate a program’s team (Program) that the Entrant would like represent at the Event from:
– Alan Jones Breakfast Program
– Ray Hadley Morning Show
– Chris Smith Afternoon Show
– Sydney Live with Ben Fordham
– Money News with Ross Greenwood
– Nights with Steve Price
3. Provide a statement, in 50 words or less, answering ‘Why you want to represent X team program’ ;
|7. Selection Process||A. Selection Process for Finalists
1. The Promoter will evaluate the entries of Eligible Entrants at the conclusion of the Registration Period, and will select the best entry for each Program (Finalist) by applying the Judging Criteria. There will be six Finalists in total selected by the Promoter.
Judging Criteria: Entries will be evaluated based on being:
● Entertaining and creative;
● Demonstrable knowledge or appreciation of hosts; and
● Adhering to word count.
2. The Finalist for each Program will represent that Program at the Event.
B. Selection Process to determine the winner of the Major Prize if applicable.
1. Only Finalists are eligible to win the Major Prize.
2. Each Finalist must attend the Event and participate in the Challenge (defined in item 7.B.5 below) in order to be in the running for the Major Prize, and cannot send a proxy in their place. Finalists will be asked to present photo ID to a Promoter representative to confirm their identity at the Event and may be disqualified if the Promoter is not satisfied (in its absolute discretion) of the Finalist’s identity or eligibility to enter the Promotion.
3. At the Event, each of the Finalists will randomly select a numbered paper from a barrel. Each paper will be uniquely numbered from 1 to 6.
4. The number drawn by each Finalist will determine the order in which the Finalists can participate in the competition at the Event (based on chronological order, with 1 being first and 6 being last).
5. In that order, the Finalists will participate in the Challenge:
Challenge: Each Finalist will have up to ONE attempt to hit a hole in one at the Event at a particular hole determined by the Promoter at the Event golf course. “Hole in one” means a hole made in one stroke from the tee, which shall be a minimum of 150m from the hole. The Challenge is subject to the rules in Item 8 below.
6. The Major Prize is only awarded if a Finalist scores a hole in one in the Challenge.
7. The first Finalist to get a hole in one wins the Major Prize without any attempts allowed by any other Finalist for the Major Prize- there is only up to one Major Prize.
8. If after each Finalist has attempted the Challenge, no hole in one is achieved, no Finalist wins the Major Prize.
|8. Rules that Apply to the Challenge||In addition to any other rules already specified in these Terms, the following applies to the Challenge:
● The Challenge shall be conducted in accordance with the applicable rules laid down by the Professional Golfers Association and the Royal and Ancient Rules Limited.
● All equipment to be used by a Finalist during the Challenge must conform to the specifications laid down by the Professional Golfers Association and the Royal and Ancient Rules Limited.
● The following do not constitute a “hole in one” for the purposes of the Challenge:
o Any subsequent stroke taken after a Finalist’s first attempt;
o Any Mulligan (when a player is permitted to replay a shot); and
o A ball hit out of bounds and replayed.
● Once a stroke has been made by a Finalist on the teeing ground, it counts as their one and only allowable attempt at the Challenge.
● An air swing by a Finalist will count as a stroke. An air swing is an attempt at addressing or hitting the ball, whether or not the golf club makes contact with the ball.
● If a Finalist accidentally knocks the ball off the tee while lining up for a shot, it will not count as their attempt at the Challenge. The Finalist may place the ball back on the tee and make their attempt at the hole in one.
● No practice shots are allowed.
● Eligible participants are limited to amateurs only. No professionals, ex-professionals, and/or college/university players may enter the Challenge.
● The Challenge will be supervised and adjudicated by an independent person whose decision is final.
Application of these Rules and any other rules of golf are at the sole discretion and interpretation of the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
|9. Event||Alan Jones live broadcast at the Emirates Australian Open 2017
Location: The Australian Golf Club, 53 Bannerman Cres, Rosebery, NSW 2018
Date and Time: Thursday 23 November 2017 from 6am to 9am
|10. Major Prize
|Major Prize: $1,000,000 in cash
The Major Prize will only be awarded IF an Eligible Entrant who is selected as a Finalist completes the challenge successfully, hitting a hole in one at the Event.
There is a 1 in 12,500 chance that a Finalist will win the Major Prize.
|11. Prize Draw details||Thursday 23 November 2017 (at the Event)
Time of Draw: (approx 7.15am)
Location: 18th Hole of The Emirates Australian Open 2017
The Australian Golf Club
53 Bannerman Cres, Rosebery, NSW 2018
|12. Prize Provider||Seven Network Operations Limited (Major Prize)
|13. Prize Restrictions||Payment of any cash prizes will be made within 4 weeks of the Major Prize to the winner by bank transfer to the winner’s nominated bank account or by bank cheque in the winner’s name, at the election of the Promoter, and is not transferrable.
The Winner’s details may be provided to a third party for the purposes of prize fulfilment.
|14. Notification of Winners||The winner will be announced at the Event.
The winner’s name and suburb will be published on www.2gb.com.
c. Throughout the Promotional Period the Promoter may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air, online and via social media in relation to the Promotion.
d. Entrants may be required by the Promoter and Prize Provider to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
e. It is a condition of Entry that the Promoter and Prize Provider have the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. By agreeing to enter, all Entrants consent to their Entry broadcast on air and to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter and Prize Provider being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for this use.
f. The Promoter and its representatives may conduct security and verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the Entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
g. If an Entrant be deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the Entrant may not participate further in the Promotion.
h. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing Entrants from successfully participating in the Promotion.
i. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
j. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to approval from any relevant authority.
k. Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize is subject to any Prize Restrictions specified above. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of these terms and conditions.
l. All Prizes and parts of the Prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on or by any dates specified in these terms and conditions and as stipulated by the Prize Provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified.
m. Unless otherwise stipulated in this agreement, if the Prize must be used on a specific date (Expiry), and the Winner is unable to use it on that date, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Promoter may draw a new winner in its absolute discretion on or before Expiry.
n. If a Winner fails to collect their Prize within 3 months (or as otherwise specified in these terms), the Winner forfeits any rights to the Prize and the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, conduct a re-draw for the Prize or withdraw the Prize.
o. The Promoter and Prize Provider will not be responsible or liable if, for any reason beyond their reasonable control, any element of any Prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of Prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those Prizes.
p. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
q. The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion, including any Prize Provider, will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the Prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
r. The entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the Prize(s). At all times, the entrant’s participation is at their own risk. If Entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges the Promoter may (but is not obliged to) require the participants to:
– Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Promoter and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the Promotion or redeem a Prize; and
– Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the Promotion or redeem a Prize.
s. The Promoter and Prize Provider accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.