Ben Fordham Mother’s Day Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering into the competition to win the Prize, you (Entrant) acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
1. Promotion Ben Fordham Mother’s Day Competition
2. Promoter Harbour Radio Pty Ltd (2GB) of Ground Floor, Building C, 33-35 Saunders Street, Pyrmont, New South Wales,
Monday, May 8, 2017
Friday, February 12, 2017
4. Entry Restrictions
Entrants must be:
● at least 18 years of age;
● residents of New South Wales.
Entrants must not be employees, or immediate family members, of:
● Macquarie Media Operations and its related bodies corporate; or
● Agencies associated with this promotion.
5. Entry and Judging Procedure
To be entered into Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
● Email email@example.com advising their full name, suburb, nomination of their mother and write, in 50 words or less, why their Mother deserves to win.
Winners of Minor Prizes
● Each day, between Monday May 8 and Friday May 12, one entry will be chosen by the Promoter, or a nominated person by the Promoter, as the daily Minor Prize Winner and will be announced live on air during the Ben Fordham – Sydney Live program between 16:00 (AEST) and 18:00 (AEST).
● The entries will be judged as to the most commendable and creative answer.
● The Minor Prize Winner will then be shortlisted to win the Major Prize.
● The entries that were not selected as a Minor Prize Winner for the relevant day, will go into the pool of entries for the remainder of the week and will still be in the running to win a Minor Prize and go on the Major Prize shortlist.
● Entries (other than shortlisted entries) will be discarded when the final (fifth) Minor Prize winner has been selected on Friday May 12, 2017.
Winner of Major Prize
● The Minor Prize Winners will culminate as the shortlist for the Major Prize.
● Ben Fordham – Sydney Live program team will choose the entry with the overall most commendable, creative answer as the Major Prize Winner, on Friday May 12, 2017.
● The Major Prize Winner will be announced live on air during Ben Fordham – Sydney Live program on Friday May 12, 2017 between 15:00 (AEST) and 18:00 (AEST)
6. Maximum Entries per person
Maximum of one entry per Entrant
Entrants who submit more than one entry may be disqualified.
7. Prize Judging Time and Location
Prize Judging Dates: Daily between Monday May 8, 2017 until Friday May 12, 2017
Prize Judging Times: Daily between 09:00 (AEST) and 18:00 (AEST)
Prize Judging Location: Macquarie Media Limited, Ground Floor, Building C, 33-35 Saunders Street, Pyrmont,
8. Prize Provider(s)
Minor Prize Provider(s):
Roses Only, Level 4, 303 Coronation Drive Milton, QLD 4064
OPUS Design, 1/354 Oxford St, Paddington, NSW 2021
Major Prize Provider:
House of K’dor, 512 Westfield S/C Chatswood, NSW 2067
9. Prize(s) The total prize pool value is $7,400.00 and consists of five (5) Minor Prizes and one (1) Major Prize.
There are five (5) Minor Prizes. Each Minor Prize includes the following:
● A bunch of flowers from Roses Only up to the value of $100, including delivery; and
● A $100 voucher for use at OPUS Design, Paddington, Sydney.
The total Minor Prize value is $200.
The total Minor Prize pool value is $1,000.
There is one (1) Major Prize, consisting of the following:
A diamond heart pendant, handcrafted in 18kt white gold featuring round diamonds (being F in colour and VS in clarity) totalling 1.21cts of diamonds with an 18kt link chain.
Total prize value is $6,400.
10. Prize Restrictions
Prize(s) is not combinable with any other special.
The Minor Prizes cannot be sold or redeemed for cash and are not transferrable.
In relation to the redemption of the flowers component of the Minor Prize, Roses Only (Prize Provider) Terms and Conditions are applicable as available at www.rosesonly.com.au.
The Major Prize cannot be exchanged for a cashback refund, or for another item.
The Major Prize comes with a life-time warranty provided it is regularly brought in for a complimentary service check.
Valuation and warranty card will be provided with the Major Prize once the Prize Provider (House of K’dor) has full details of the Major Prize winner.
11. Notification of Winners
The Minor Prize Winners’ names and suburbs will be announced on air on the corresponding Prize Judging Dates. The Minor Prize Winners will be announced on the Ben Fordham – Sydney Live program on 2GB 873 between 15:00 (AEST) and 18:00 (AEST) daily between Monday May 8, 2017, and Friday May 12, 2017.
The Major Prize Winner will be announced on the Ben Fordham – Sydney Live program on 2GB 873 between 15:00 (AEST) and 18:00 (AEST) on Friday May 12, 2017.
The Winners’ names and suburbs may also appear on the website and in any promotional materials prepared by the Promoter or by the Prize Providers.
12. Additional Terms
c. The Promoter may extend the Promotion Period in its absolute discretion.
d. Throughout the Promotional Period the Promoter may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air / online / in social media in relation to the Promotion.
e. Entrants may be required by the Promoter and Prize Provider to participate in photo, recording, video and film session(s) and acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
f. It is a condition of Entry that the Promoter and Prize Provider have the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. By agreeing to enter, all Entrants consent to their Entry broadcast on air and to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter and Prize Provider being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for this use.
g. The Promoter and its representatives may conduct security and verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the Entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
h. If an Entrant be deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the Entrant may not participate further in the Promotion.
i. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
j. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing entrants from successfully participating in the Promotion.
k. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to approval from any relevant authority.
l. Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize is subject to any Prize Restrictions specified above. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of these terms and conditions.
m. All Prizes and parts of the Prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on any dates specified in these terms and conditions and as stipulated by the Prize Provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified. The Promoter and Prize Provider will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any Prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of Prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those Prizes.
n. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
o. The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion, including any Prize Provider, will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the Prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
p. The Entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering the Promotion or taking or participating in the Prize(s), for which the Promoter accepts no responsibility. If Entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges the Promoter may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
– Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Promoter and obtain relevant medical clearance to participate in the Promotion and redeem a Prize; and
– Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the Promotion and redeem a Prize.
q. The Promoter and Prize Provider accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
r. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value. The Prize value is correct at the time of applying for the competition permit but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any Prizes due to a change in the market value or otherwise.